TREDs are the ultimate all-in-one 4x4, ATV and equipment recovery device in sand, mud, sludge, slime or snow. Designed and manufactured in Australia from specifically engineered polyolefin materials, TREDs can handle intense levels of torque, flex, weight and impact. With a designated shovel feature, extreme hex grip nodules, dual size offering, aggressive ramp entry teeth and ultimate wear resistant properties, TREDs are the best option to get you going when loss of traction disrupts your journey.
Visit www.tred4x4.com to purchase online, find your local stockist and more information.
- Superior Ramp Design
- Ergonomic Handles
- Superior Grip Features
- Unique Four Channel Design
- Underbelly Traction
- Aggresive Teeth Design
- Revolutionary Shovel Feature
- Linking & Mounting Points
- Superior Material
TRED is the ultimate all-in-one off road recovery device, specially designed to get your four-wheel drive, ATV and equipment out of trouble when traction is lost in sand, mud, sludge, slime or snow.
Engineered and manufactured in Australia from only the highest quality materials, TREDs are designed to handle intense levels of torque, flex, weight and impact. Intense reviews of every fine detail in the design process make TRED the best choice for your recovery. With a designated shovel feature, extreme hex grip nodules, aggressive ramp entry teeth and ultimate wear resistant properties, TRED will allow you to explore with confidence, without letting traction disrupt your journey.
TRED is available in two sizes to ensure storage and accessibility is never an issue. Driving as a single vehicle/operator with TRED ensures you can get unstuck even on solo adventures. TRED are an essential piece of equipment for your off road recovery kit. From full scale recovery for the serious off road tourer to recreational family trips, or even commercial applications including mining and industrial, TRED is being tested with impressive results across all usage types.
TRED can eliminate the hazardous practices of other vehicle recovery options involving highly stressed components such as steel cables, shackles, snatch straps and winches, keeping you, your family and your vehicle safe.
A set of TREDs on board can save you all important time and money and also eliminate safety risks.
Warranty only applies when this product has been used in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations for use and does not cover damage or failure resulting from improper use, act of nature, abuse, alteration, accident, misuse, negligence, or general wear and tear.
TRED, Total Recovery & Extraction Device, is the ultimate all-in-one off road recovery device, specially designed to get your four-wheel drive, ATV and equipment out of trouble when traction is lost in sand, mud, sludge, slime or snow.
TRED's are engineered and manufactured in Australia from only the highest quality materials, designed to handle intense levels of torque, flex, weight and impact. When used correctly, each TRED owner will have a lifetime of solo recovery and peace of mind.
We are a specialist in product design, engineering and manufacturing, with extensive knowledge and experience to produce best market solutions. Our product design and material selection processes are trialled with the harsh Australian environment in mind, producing the hardest working solo recovery device available.
It is because of this TRED are extremely proud and confident to offer the world’s first non-mechanical solo recovery device with a lifetime manufacturing warranty.
For Terms & Condtions, Registration and Claims please visit www.tred4x4.com/pages/warranty
- How do TREDs work?
- The ability of TREDs to get you out of a sticky situation comes down to the provision of superior traction when the ground under your tyres is simply too unstable to traverse. There's more than enough traction on top to get your vehicle up and going and enough traction underneath so that TREDs don't just pass straight under your tyre.
- Who needs TREDs?
- Anyone that ventures off bitumen in a vehicle will benefit by carrying a pair of TREDs. Many consider them a great insurance policy for those unplanned losses of traction that can cost time, money, or your vehicle. TREDs are not limited to any type of off-road user, we have serious 4x4 enthusiasts applauding the product, and weekend warriors embracing the confidence of being able to explore without a backup vehicle.
- Are TREDs easy to use?
- Almost too easy! With a designated shovel feature and extreme grip, TREDs will get you moving again in no time. Obviously this depends of the seriousness of the situation you find yourself in, but by catching traction loss early you can be out in less than a minute.
- Where would I use TREDs?
- Use TREDs in any scenario where loss of traction stops forward momentum. The two things to remember are avoid wheel spin and don't use on hard or rocky ground.
- When should I use my TREDs?
- Use them early! Don't keep spinning your tyres thinking the vehicle will miraculously get itself out. Slip a pair of TREDs under your tyres as soon as you notice traction loss and you'll be out in no time.
- What’s so good about TREDs?
- TREDs offer unprecedented ease of use and traction features and benefits at an affordable price. You can perform a solo recovery in no time at all and, more importantly, TREDs are the safest option available when compared to using straps, winches, or primitive recovery methods such as trying to stuff tree branches and timber under your tyres in the hope that traction will be found.
- What makes TREDs unique?
- Our engineering and material selection has created a highly durable product which offers superior traction when you need it most. The shovel feature makes recovery even easier and means you don't need to carry a full slather of bulky recovery equipment. At the standard retail price TREDs represent fantastic value for money.
- What are TREDs made from?
- Superior engineering and design have been coupled with a special blend of polyolefin materials to offer a highly durable recovery device.
- They look like plastic, won’t they break?
- No, TREDs are not just plastic. Due to the special polyolefin material blend they can handle high levels of flex and are highly durable and wear resistant. The mix of elasticity and tough rigid design means that TREDs maintain a high level of pressure on your tyre to provide ultimate traction whilst still being able to take the flex of being under vehicle weight on unstable ground. You may notice minor white stress marks when exposed to high levels of flex but this is what the material is designed to do – flex and bounce back time and time again.
- Why are there two sizes of TRED?
- The primary reason behind a dual size offering was to cater for all vehicle types and storage capacities e.g. a pair of TRED 1100s may be a tight squeeze in a smaller SUV or fully loaded vehicle. Having said that we are seeing many serious off-road enthusiasts carrying both a pair of TRED 1100s and a pair of TRED 800s so they have both options for recovery in any scenario (sometimes a small TRED can fit in a tricky spot more easily that its bigger brother). Both offer enough traction to get you going again regardless of vehicle size.
- What colours and sizes of TREDs are available?
TRED is available in a range of colours and dual sizes:
- Desert Sand
- Ocean Blue
- Army Green
- Lime Green
- Bright Red
- Stealthy Black
- Gun Metal Grey
- Hot Pink.
TRED 1100: length 1080mm, width 317mm, height 73mm.
TRED 800: length 790mm, width 268mm, height 73mm.
Length is when measured end to end. Width is measured at widest points. Height includes grip nodules on top of TRED and underside cleats. Both sizes are 105mm High when stacked.
- How much do TREDs cost?
- TREDs are sold as pairs. The recommended retail prices are: TRED 1100 $229 and TRED 800 $199.
- What kind of warranty do TREDs offer?
- TREDs are an Australian made premium quality product and carry a LIFETIME Manufacturer's Warranty. For more details please visit the warranty page on the TRED website here.
- Do TREDs work in the snow?
- Yes. Just follow the standard operating instructions and drive to the conditions.
- Can you use TREDs on any vehicle?
- Yes. TREDs have been engineered for use in the recovery of vehicles on soft ground. Although predominantly used by 4x4 adventurers, TREDs are being used in the recovery of vehicles and machinery weighing in excess of 3.5 tonne. Just follow the standard operating instructions.
- Can I use TREDs as a ramp?
- No. TREDs have not been designed to bridge gaps or for loading of vehicles/ATV's. Always put your safety first and only use purpose built loading and bridging ramps.
- How much do TRED’s weigh?
- A single TRED 1100 weighs 3.07kg and a single TRED 800 weighs 2.16kg.
- How big are TREDs?
TRED 1100: length 1080mm, width 317mm, height 73mm
TRED 800: length 790mm, width 268mm, height 73mm
Length is when measured end to end. Width is measured at widest points. Height includes grip nodules on top of TRED and underside cleats.
- Are TREDs stackable?
- Yes. TREDs have been designed to stack conveniently for storage and transport. Although sold in pairs any number of TRED can stack neatly on top of each other reducing paired height due to 'product nesting' (must be same size).
- Are there other uses for TRED?
- Yes and we're sure you'll find alternate uses when you are exploring and camping (the shovel end is a very handy feature). Just remember not to use on hard or rocky ground or as a vehicle loading ramp.
- Where can I buy a pair of TREDS?
- Visit any one of our stockists listed here.
- Why should I buy TREDs?
If want to explore with confidence you need TRED. They will save you time and money and allow you to recover your vehicle in a safe manner even with no one else around. Regardless of whether you own a cheap bush basher or a luxury 4x4 the peace of mind you get when you have a pair of TREDs on board is priceless.